Refereed Conference Publications
- Estimating arterial traffic conditions using sparse probe data, R. Herring, A. Hofleitner, P. Abbeel, A. Bayen, 13th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Madeira Island, Portugal, September 2010
- Using Mobile Phones to Forecast Arterial Traffic Through Statistical Learning, R. Herring, A. Hofleitner, S. Amin, T. Nasr, A. Khalek, P. Abbeel, A. Bayen, Transportation Research Board 89th Annual Meeting, Washington D.C., January 10-14, 2010
- Optimal sensor placement for freeway travel time estimation, X. Ban, R. Herring, J.-D. Margulici, A. Bayen, 18th International Symposium on Transportation and Traffic Theory (ISTTT), July 2009
- Virtual trip lines for distributed privacy-preserving traffic monitoring, B. Hoh, M. Gruteser, R. Herring, X. Ban, D. Work, J. Herrera, A. Bayen, Sixth Annual International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (MobiSys 2008), Breckenridge, CO, June 2008
Refereed Journal Publications
- Evaluation of traffic data obtained via GPS-enabled mobile phones: the Mobile Century field experiment, J.-C. Herrera, D. Work, X. Ban, R. Herring, Q. Jacobson, A. Bayen, Transportation Research C, 18, pp. 568–583, 2010.
- Delay Pattern Estimation for Signalized Intersections Using Sampled Travel Times, X. Ban, R. Herring, P. Hao, A. Bayen, Transportation Research Record, No. 2130, pp. 109–119, 2009.
- Asymptotic sign-solvability, multiple objective linear programming, and the nonsubstitution theorem, L. Cayton, R. Herring, A. Holder, J. Holzer, C. Nightingale, T. Stohs, Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Volume 64, pp. 541-555, 2006.